christian

Marsh Potato

Posted by Chong | 8/07/2008 07:13:00 PM | | 1 comments »

My parents are off for their monthly Star Cruise outing. Thus giving me the opportunity to 'mess' up the kitchen with my cooking. Since as a young boy I always love cooking, the earliest I can recall when I was with my nanny at the age of 5years old.

Whenever she cooks, I will definitely join her in the kitchen. So far the furthest I went in cooking and successfully will be Fried Rice and Fried Bee

But this time, it will be my first in making Marsh Potato from scratch using raw materials.. and quick successful but the downside will be.. is a little bit to salty.



Here is the steps:

Here, I took five potatoes, put them into a pot of water and bring it to boil. This process took me about 15 to 20 minutes.




This stage, I transfer the cooked potatoes into a bowl of tap water. First it cool down the potatoes. With the 'contraction' between the potato skin and the potato itself, it will be easier to peel off the potato skin.




Now, after i have peeled the potato skin, it is time to smash your potato. Remember not to smash it too soft, this will give it a bit of crunchy potato feel.





Below are the ingredients for 'cooking' your marsh potato. They are, Salt, Beacon Bits, Coarse Black Pepper, Low-at Milk and lastly butter.




Here is the steps I used to make my marsh potato.

1) Put in butter into the pan and add in the marsh potato.

2) Put in marsh potato.

3) Pour in desired amount of milk to the richness you want.

4) Sprinkle some salt and pepper.

5) Generous amount of beacon bits.

6) Dish up the cooked marsh potato.

Bingo!..


Here is the end product, easy to make right? Well it is my very 1st time making marsh potato from scratch. Previously I will buy off the shelve pre-mix. Not bad for a first-timer like me right?






1 comments

  1. Lawrence Ee // August 7, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

    Me very good in mash potatoe.. creamy and smooth.. with a buttery aroma...

JIVE "The driver of Intenet Marketing"